Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Christmas at the Lake!

A few months ago, my dad moved to Grand Lake. I have to admit, i wasn't thrilled. It was so nice having him close to me, probably didn't tell him that enough. I always felt like I had a "safety" net! Turns out, my safety net wasn't nearly as important as his happiness. I think he loves it - really don't remember him being happier! We spent the weekend before Christmas with him - my brother, sister and our families - it was so perfect!

Brooke and I stopped to take the obligatory vacation pic!



I think my dad seemed to enjoy it too! He didn't do too bad in the present department either.



We enjoyed a nice Christmas dinner filled with sandwiches and yummy snacks - my nephew Draven enjoyed the "sandwich o' death!"


It was chilly but we still enjoyed the view from my dad's dock.


Kate got one of the presents on her list - turns out a "live" polar bear actually meant, Polar Bear Alive! Way to go Bootsy!


Brooke enjoyed hanging out with her girl cousins - Audrey and Zoe.


While the older cousins hung out and played with Papa's new Wii, Kate gave her younger cousin Llllie a makeover! Pretty.


On the way out of town, we stopped by my sister's lake house not far from my dad's. Can't wait till this summer - i imagine we will be spending a lot of time up there especially if my dad buys a boat...hint hint!


Wow - more Christmas updates to follow!

No comments: