Saturday, January 08, 2011

tiny tiny dancer

When I was little I was certain my career would take me down one of 2 paths. I was going to either be a choreographer or a nun. Let's face it, the nun thing wasn't very realistic. I've always been that boy crazy girl - plus i am a little (just a little) high maintenance) and a vow of silence, yeah, i don't think so. So choreographer made the most sense - i was very deliberate and specific, i wanted to choreograph shows, specifically the orange bowl half time. I would lay in bed planning themes and running through moves in my head. The irony is, i never took a dance lesson. My mother was apparently pushed into lessons and didn't want to do the same to me. Despite my lack of lessons, i danced in the 5th grade talent show to a standing ovation. I went on to be the captain of the winterguard on the dance line. In college, i did choreography for the modern dance company as well as the marching band half times. Certainly not the orange bowl but not bad for a kid with no lessons. SO my dream was always to have my kids dance, i restrain myself enough to keep me from being "that" mom but i might push a little. Brooke danced when she was really little, one class and that was enough. Enter Kate. Kate loves it. She took her first class when she wsa just 2 1/2 and is now in her 3rd class. I have seen remarkable improvement - she practices at home and nails her first position plie every single time. She is already talking about moving to gymnastics, which is perfectly fine, i wouldn't push her to do anything she doesn't want to, i just want to give her all the possibilities in the world. I took this picture at last week's class - it's definitely my new favorite! My heart, my joy, my tiny, tiny dancer!

2 comments:

VIN said...

cute look

Anonymous said...

que fofinhaaaaa!!