Wednesday, August 18, 2010

tomorrow is a big day

I can't even believe it but Miss Kate is starting pre-k. She is going to a full-fledge elementary school. It is the same school Brooke just "graduated' from. My heart is breaking. Jay and I tried for so long to get pg, we went through so much, so many heartbreaks and then one day, almost 4 years ago, our lives changed forever, Miss Katherine Faith was born. I love that child more than the breath in my lungs. She is amazing, smart, beautiful, sensitive, thoughtful, funny and God's greatest gift. She is living, breathing proof of my Faith. Tonight I rocked her as I still do most nights and read her my favorite book, I love you Forever. When I was done, she asked to read it to me. She read it, I cried. I rocked her back and forth, back and forth and while I rocked her, I sang. I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.

Today I took her to meet her teacher. It went well, we saw so many familiar, friendly faces. Kate even has a friend from dance class in her class! They gave each other a sweet hug when they saw each other. Tomorrow might be a little rough but I know she will be great. I may not be there holding her hand, but she won't leave my thoughts for a moment!

Here is a pic of her walking in, my little super star!

1 comment:

Laci said...

That brought tears to my eyes, you talking about your love for your sweet little Kate as I can totally relate with our experience with Betsy and how our cup literally runneth over with love for her. These are our precious babies and yes, a true test of our faith to God. They truly grow up so fast and I get so teary-eyed thinking about Betsy getting big. Kate is such a blessing to your family and I pray all goes well with her first day and with you momma, as I'm sure it will be a tough day for you!