Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Out of the mouth of Kate....

Kate never amazes me with the things she said - i wish i would take the time to write them all down but don't. Today i thought i would share just a few of today's favorites.

Since we finally have some warmer weather Kate has decided she LOVES playing outside! She has learned to put her boots on all by herself and will take the dog to play in the backyard with her. I love it because I have a little time to myself and of course I can keep an eye on her through the windows! So the other day I am watching her through the window, she is playing on the swingset and I am pretty sure trying to get our dog to be the teeter to her totter, didn't work. She ended up finding mud (of course) so I brought her in and put her directly in the sink - we laughed at how she used to take all of her baths in the kitchen sink when she was a baby! A couple hours later Kate tells me she did a surprise for me but wouldn't tell me what it is, this is nothing new, she is all about secrets and surprises! So yesterday afternoon, I went to use the bathroom and this is what i found!



She came in and shouted "Surprise Momma - I washed my rainboots!!"

So yesterday Kate and I were snuggling and watching a movie together. After it was over we just laid in my bed and had a nice little chat. I try to talk to her about adoption as much as possible. I never want there to be a day when she says "WhAT? I'm adopted!" It will always just be a part of her, it's her story to tell and share as she wishes. As she gets older, we have been able to give her a little more information and hopefully understanding. I was explaning to her yesterday that she has a birth mother and a birth father and that they loved her so much but couldn't care for her but they found a family that could and they picked us! She has heard this story since the day she was born but yesterday she was a little more inquisitive. I asked her if she thought we should adopt again. Here is her response, "Well, ummm, i adopted lillie." You did, kate? "Yes, i put her in her stroller and then i gave her food and told her I loved her then Lille said mommy so, I adopted her." Ok, so that's not exactly how it works but I think she is starting to have some understanding. So Sarah, anytime you want to drop off Lillie will be fine!


Here is another one, she just took my phone and called my sister (she's not a complete genius, i have pictures of everyone on my phone and that's how you dial). I heard her ask if Lillie could come over and play for just a little while because it's light outside. Apparently my sister told her that Lillie was taking a nap but maybe next time. To be honest, I have no idea if she called her or not!

She is now on the phone with my mom explaining that when she poops she takes off all her clothes but when she pees, she leaves them on which by the way is completely true, even her hair comes all the way down! I am sure nanna is so thankful Kate called her in the middle of the work day to share these things!

By the way, according to Kate, today is "I love you day!" Not sure what it means but it sure makes for a sweet sweet Kate and a happy momma! So in keeping with the day "I love you all!"


As I mentioned, not a moment goes by I am not awed by this child of mine! Currently, she is listing to some Gwen Stefani, specifically Hollaback girl, dancing in leg warmers with my ipod tucked into her panties!
Hope this post made you smile - she makes me smile constantly - i am one lucky momma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i absolutely adore all your posting type, very attractive.
don't give up as well as keep penning considering it simply just very well worth to read it,
impatient to find out a whole lot more of your own articles, good bye :)