Saturday, November 12, 2011

I am so over 2011...

So this has been a crappy, crappy year. Jay's sweet brother died suddenly. Then on Good Friday, my grandmother passed away suddenly. Last week my grandfather who had been on the decline, passed away. At least we knew it was coming. People always ask would you want to know you were dying or would you rather it happen suddenly. Not sure i know the answer but from the other side of the fence, being able to say good bye is much MUCH better. I am anxious to put this year behind me, no doubt! But that being said, there have been some good things.

My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Phoebe (Buffet). We made great new friends! We had a very memorable trip to the lake with our new friends. Brooke's BFF got accepted into her school. Kate started Kindergarten. My brother moved back to OKC. Kate and Brooke were in their first parade! Jay got to go fishing! I started a book club. Kate took private dance lessons. Brooke took tumbling and won another soccer championship. We got a cat. Jay and I started teaching Sunday School again, Kindergarten! Kate joined the children's choir. We decorated our house all spooky for halloween and it was a big hit! We are headed to Grand Lake for a whole week at Thanksgiving! I have learned to look at the bright side!

No promises on my blogging future, you just never know! But i wanted to add a post so when i look back at this year and my absence of posts, i will remember that amid the trials, there were some rays of light!

2 comments:

ONE RAMBLIN' REDHEAD said...

Jennifer, I'm sorry that you have had such a trying year. I truly understand. My health problems have driven me into depression. It's hard to see the sky from the depths of a cavern, but I am trying.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family at the lake. It sounds just like what the doctor ordered!

Linda said...

it sounds like it's been a rough year, but we seem to handle whatever the Lord throws our way. Hang in there! I'm glad you are still blogging!